Followers

Sunday, January 27, 2013

A bunch of pictures related to Warhammer Fantasy Battles.

Having been overcome with holidays, real life and what-not, I'm finally able to take some time to post something here. I've played a few games of Warhammer Fantasy battles with my buddies Thomas and Mike. I was recently bitten by the "Oldhammer" bug and mentioned to them that I'd like to give it a go.
Quite a number of gamers have gotten into playing older versions of WHFB and have started blogging about their passion for the carefree days of yore when WHFB was about fun and not strictly a tournament oriented cash cow.  While it is completely reasonable for GW to do whatever it needs to do to keep their investors happy, it's also important to keep the Warhammer community happy as well. But enough of that mess. My concern isn't to further rehash personal opinions regarding GW's supposedly greedy, corporate practices, but to celebrate the freedom to play what you want, how you want.
 Fortunately, both Mike and Thom have extensive collections of fantasy figures and so it was an easy transition to gaming Dwarves, Orcs and Empire from the glories of historical wargaming.
The first game I played was against Thomas and his little stunties with my Mighty Glorious Empire.
We played at 1,000 points and as I seem to have lost my 6th edition rulebook we played a (LOL) mix of 6th and 7th edition Warhammer.  While we were mostly playing by memory with only cursory scans of the rulebooks, the game went along smoothly, much enhanced by our *ahem* gentlemanly demeanors.
The second game was a three-way affair at roughly 2600 points, with me commanding the Green Tide Of Destruction versus Dwarfs and Empire. A good game with a lot of time taken to familiarize ourselves with the copious minutiae of the rules.
Anyways, enough of my rather long winded prattle and on to  some pictures. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Were the orcs crushed in that game? I seem to remember the Puerto Rican flag making an excellent aiming point for copius cannon!

    ReplyDelete